THE LAST OF THE EARLY XKs! EXCEPTIONAL RUNNING AND DRIVING XK150! Announced in its home market in May 1957, the XK150 bore a family resemblance to the XK120 and XK140 but was radically revised. Most visibly, a one-piece windscreen replaced the split screen, and the wing line carried higher and more streamlined at the doors. The widened bonnet opened down to the wings, and on the coupes, the windscreen frame was moved forward 4 inches to make passenger access easier. The XK150's dashboard came trimmed in leather. Thinner doors gave more interior space. In 1960 the 220 HP, 3.8-Liter engine fitted in the full-sized luxury Mark IX saloon since October 1958 became available. Four-wheel Dunlop 12” disc brakes appeared for the first time as an option. Production ended in October 1960 and totaled 2,265 OTSs, 4,445 FHCs and 2,672 DHCs. This 1961 Jaguar XK150 FHC was manufactured on October 6, 1960 and dispatched to the US later that month for distribution through Jaguar Cars in New York. Finished from the factory in Carmen Red over a Biscuit leather interior, the car is powered by its numbers-matching 3.8L DOHC inline-six with twin SU carburetors (factory rated at 220 HP) mated to a four-speed manual gearbox with overdrive. A complete refurbishment was carried out by Dragone Classic Motorcars of Bridgeport, Connecticut in 1989. A comprehensive mechanical refurbishment was performed from 2014 to 2019, including gauges, carburetors, cylinder heads, valves, brakes, suspension, fuel system, electrical system, wiring harness, heater core and blower, rebuilt starter and generator, radiator, engine mounts, fuel pump and other. Included with the sale: Jaguar Heritage certificate, manufacturers literature, records from 1989 restoration and work complete from 2013 to present.
By clicking you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use.